Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, just watched tonights Supercross. Chad Reed should be fined and all points taken away for the season. I thought it was a great race right up until Reed decided to take out Stewart with no chance of anything but stopping Stewart with a crash. This is not the first time Reed has taken out Stewart, last year Reed took out Stewart for the season with the same move and broke his wrist.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We wont see the race until next week in OZ on ESPN, was stewart hurt.
Last year it looked like chad was commited to the inside line and had no were to go,this was not chads falt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was there last night, loved seeing stewart eat some dirt lol. Thats racing, stewart should have known what was coming. It was a poor choice by him to go wide like he did. Stewarts either checkers or wreckers.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, no one was hurt luckily. Your right James must have know Reed would be up to his old tricks.

The thing I don't get is when Stewart was riding more aggressive with Carmichael He would bump bars but not flat out t-bone the competition and everyone was all upset even though Stewart was faster. But know Reed can't even keep up and cuts the corner for the block crash (no way to make the turn) and a lot of people are calling it racing (not just you Hotrod). I want to see both of them race the whole season so ratings go up on TV and of cource I want to see the racing. Last year the ratings dropped after Reed broke Stewarts wrist and took himself out too in the process.

We all got hurt on that one because the season was not that great and we don't get to watch all the races live this season because the ratings dropped last year. I don't really care who wins but I want to see good racing every week with all the racers. It is starting to feel like roller derby and in the past the AMA would fine guys for intentional t-bone block crashing like that. I would bet money Stewart is even better at crashing into the compition but was racing not playing roller derby.

IMO anyway, but I do like hearing other thoughts like you guys have, so keep them coming.

·
Vendor
774 Posts
More of a fan of Reed than I am of Bubba, but it was a blatant take out move by Reed and he should be docked some points for it I think. Otherwise we'll have guy's taking a straight line to the turn exit like Reed did and all hell will break loose. Bubba had plenty of opportunities to stuff Reed, but I thought his pass on reed was totally legit. Unfortunately it was Villapoto and Dungey who gained the most from Reeds antics.

GREAT racing to that point of the race though :rating10:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great race, that was stupid what reed did, i've seen stewart do stupider moves. Early in the season this will make for more exciting racing to come. Go 41

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great to see the battle... Unfortunatly reed got a little deperate and pretty much went in for the kill.. Cant wait for daytona.. That will seperate the men from the boys!! I had the pleasure of trying to qualify a few times on the track and it kicked my ass almost everytime!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bubba saw Reed coming in to block pass him, but tried to power through it...making it look WAY worse than what it was. Had Stewart checked up like any sane person.....it would have been like any other block pass. Personally, I think Reed is taking way too much flack for what nearly was, or could have been, a spectacular pass. Beyond that, Stewart went in high outside....almost anyone following would assume he would stay high and rail the outside and not try to weakly square off the top. Reed was already committed to his line, on a pretty good assumption of what stewart would do, and likely wouldn't even have made contact if Stewart would have stayed outside. It's unfortunate they both went down...but I have seen FAR dirtier passes in supercross....many of which Stewart was dealing instead of being dealt.

Last years tangle that broke Stewart's wrist wasn't Reed's fault....sorry. Thats like saying Stewarts get off a couple weeks back from running it up that guys arse was all Stewarts fault...... The riders don't get the benefit of slow motion rewind....when you are committed, thats all she wrote...if someone messes up straight ahead of you there's not a whole lot you can do.

Besides...Stewart is a whiny little [email protected]#%$, will do him good to hit the dirt a few more times. :icon_ devil:

Thinking Reed should be penalized is just plain asinine.....this is supercross, not ballet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anyone remember when ricky was on the KX 250 early on in his pro career. Tortellie was catching him on the CR so the goat parked it mid corner and tortellie run up his ass and crashed. Ricky went on to win the motocroos event.I guess shit happens.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Theres only one thing I love more than seeing Stewart eat dirt at Atlanta, thats seeing Stewart eating dirt at Daytona! Hey James, hows that dirt taste at Daytona? Lol.

·
Vendor
774 Posts
Theres only one thing I love more than seeing Stewart eat dirt at Atlanta, thats seeing Stewart eating dirt at Daytona! Hey James, hows that dirt taste at Daytona? Lol.

Can't wait to see a picture of Stewart's bike flying perfectly through the air off that jump!!.... with no rider :icon_ nono2: Can't believe the kid remounted and passed more than half the field.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts