Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Talked to the seller ended up knocking 150$ off. 500$ for a used Mav diff seems fair to me! With the yoke included.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Since the diff came with yoke I was able to swap the yoke over to the larger 20 spline yoke. Placed diff into place looks like I will be able to keep the stock drive shaft length and stock muffler possibly dented in slightly.

·
Super Moderator
25,407 Posts
Did you replace the wear sleeve on the mav yoke? The grooves looked pretty deep in the sleeve . Would suck to get this all done then hard to take it back apart in 6 months and replace it and the seal again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
They look like worn down in the picture but you can't even notice a bump if you run your nail over it. Just the coating missing

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Extended swing arms showed up today. Thinking I will move the upper shock mount to adjust for the added length of the swing arm.
Looks like it's going to work out good with the stock drive shaft length and stock axles with the axle stenders installed..

Might lean towards running a DC sport or Amazon type muffler plus fuel tuner

Lots of the axle pocket to cut out and reinforce that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I’m running a 2” stretch rt pro medium springs and tbere bracket lift/shock relocation which made for a pretty good ride. I have a feeling your going to need new springs since it looks like you still have the factory junkers and they probably won’t hold the machine up very well.
Also I don’t think you will be able to relocate that upper mount to much since you will end up with way more lift than you might be looking for and increased cv axle angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’m running a 2” stretch rt pro medium springs and tbere bracket lift/shock relocation which made for a pretty good ride. I have a feeling your going to need new springs since it looks like you still have the factory junkers and they probably won’t hold the machine up very well.
Also I don’t think you will be able to relocate that upper mount to much since you will end up with way more lift than you might be looking for and increased cv axle angle

How do those medium springs ride? Do you have addition weight in the rear? I might need to go for the heavy spring option from them or weigh once I'm finished and figgure out my rate.
I will just leave my upper mounts then.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Very happy with them now that I have the extra 2”. Was way to stiff before

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Small update.. Got a little bit done tonight
Stock upper bracket is going to have some minor adjustments and be flipped 180 degrees around and bolted on up top.

Front lower bracket welded in waiting for tabs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Slow go but got a update.
Everything is about ready to tac into place. I have my drive shaft extended out half inch from fully collapsed. Does anyone know how extended the drive shaft is from the factory? Also how is this factory muffler designed inside? Is it safe to beat this sh1t out of it to clearance from the diff? Or is aftermarket muffler the only way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looks like stock axles will work no problems! Don't even think I will need to run the axle extenders.. Picture of the 30's too :eek:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Depending on year there is a cAtalytic converter back there if so. Knock it and you will have room to knock it in

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I think I have found the best spot for the mav diff. You get to keep your stock driveshaft length, stock axles will work without using the axle stenders (I think) and the stock muffler can stay. It definatly took some hacking but here is how its looking.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts