Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a group of S X S owners together that live in Jupiter Farms, FL and rode JW Corbett Park today! We had a blast! With the past few days of rain, a lot of the trails had some deep water to make things fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He made through most of the day without a hitch..until he ingested water! We had to pull the plugs to clear water from the cylinders and remove some bolts to drain the belt housing of water. After that we were riding again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's some more pics from Super Bowl Sunday. There were lots more but I had to make sure a Commander was in the picture!! lol :devil

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wow, bare ground and un-frozen water crossings... Your riding conditions were 180 degrees apart from what mine were this past Sunday in the Colorado High Country where we are locked into the dead of winter... I'm envious, we won't have conditions like that until mid-June...

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, bare ground and un-frozen water crossings... Your riding conditions were 180 degrees apart from what mine were this past Sunday in the Colorado High Country where we are locked into the dead of winter... I'm envious, we won't have conditions like that until mid-June...
I think riding around in the snow must be kind of fun! My brother lives in Victor Idaho (on the other side of the pass from Jackson Hole) and runs his quads up in the Big Hole Mountains during the spring/summer/fall. That is some stunning country to ride through! I have a house in Costa Rica and wish I had my Commander there. It would be insane riding. You would never get bored between the mountains, valleys and beaches!! And the bonus in Costa Rica is that they're street legal!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think riding around in the snow must be kind of fun!
It can be if dressed for it and you carry spares, chains, a winch, shovel, spares, firestarter(s), etc. Snow riding is a nice change from summer riding where we have to deal with tons of trail dust here in the High Country... Winter conditions here last about 8 months from October through early June... Some High Country trails/passes have snow on them well into mid-July in most years...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just a quick follow up. It's now April 1st and we got 4" of new snow last night... Rode yesterday and it was 14 degrees when we hit the trail at 9:30 AM... Old Man Winter just keeps hanging on and on and on and on here... Still have another 2 months to go............. :sad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick follow up. It's now April 1st and we got 4" of new snow last night... Rode yesterday and it was 14 degrees when we hit the trail at 9:30 AM... Old Man Winter just keeps hanging on and on and on and on here... Still have another 2 months to go............. :sad
Man, I feel for ya! I took my dogs for a ride around my neighborhood yesterday in the Commander and it was 77 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts