Can-Am Commander Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
gone through 4 rhinos 2minotaure I have satv 4 inch arms and 2.5 inch lift getting to hot to touch and come apart its to bad because it really handles great :partsin01:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Might be the arms having those axles at bad angles. Even if you try other brands of axles (turners/cobra), you might still run into issues. I do remember when SATV first came out with these, people were having issues but supposedly they reworked and fixed the problem.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
gone through 4 rhinos 2minotaure I have satv 4 inch arms and 2.5 inch lift getting to hot to touch and come apart its to bad because it really handles great :partsin01:

This maybe a dumb comment, but don't you have to break axles in, maybe you are, but putting in several heat cycles before you really ride them.

I have been considering this mod for a long time, is the handling really a lot better?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm very interested in this kit.. how are the Rhino axles holding up after extended use?? How many miles are you getting out of them.. Just wondering if it's worth the purchase..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shock angle after +4 trailing arms

Has anyone had any issues with shock angle after installing superatv +4 trailing arms. I am running a 2" racertech lift and 2" wheel spacers. I have the racertech springs but have not installed them yet due to my concern of this angle.

One side is stock and the one closer to the camera is with the new trailing arms

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am wanting to upgrade to the satv 4" trailing arms. I already have the rhino axles. But I am still running shocks and springs. Do I need to upgrade them 1st before the trailing arms. 15' commander 800

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, but be careful with SATV. The support staff is amazing but the quality is sub-par. I had alignment issues once the arms were installed and SATV was kind of dumbfounded on the can am figment and products. You will have to do your own research if more parts are needed as for SATV will send you the wrong parts. I also would highly recommend installing limiting straps with the +4 trailing arms to save from over extending your axles.
My arms under moderate trail riding cracked in two spots after 4hrs. I had to plate the sides of mine to keep this from happening again since these are made of cheap steel.

·
Registered
285 Posts
No, but be careful with SATV. The support staff is amazing but the quality is sub-par. I had alignment issues once the arms were installed and SATV was kind of dumbfounded on the can am figment and products. You will have to do your own research if more parts are needed as for SATV will send you the wrong parts. I also would highly recommend installing limiting straps with the +4 trailing arms to save from over extending your axles.
My arms under moderate trail riding cracked in two spots after 4hrs. I had to plate the sides of mine to keep this from happening again since these are made of cheap steel.

Was this on one of the original sets? I thought they improved them.... maybe not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i don't know if mine are the first sets or if they are new ones they all look the same but mine broke and I plated mine to keep this from happening. You would think the first sets would all be either broke, returned, or trashed by now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon guys. I'm new here, hoping to get some things figured out suspension wise, also to help others via my experience so as to avoid problems. I have a 2016 Commander 1000 4 seater. I purchased and installed the Super ATV 6" lift kit. Purchased and installed there Phantom piggy back shocks. My driver side rear trailing arm has twisted twice now. I ride south florida ORV trails. No rocks, no hills, no jumps. Just muddy trails. They sent a new one out after the first twisting. I installed and the new one twisted exactly the same after it's first outing. They said that they're having issues with it and QC is working on it. Meanwhile, I have an unusable machine and am out labor costs and frustrating shortened weekend riding. I'm not sure how much better the design is for the 4" trailing arms, but after my experiences, I'll be staying away from Super ATV rear trailing arms until there engineering department gets a grip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update on satv 2.5” lift with +4” trailing arm extension and rhino 2.0 axles?
Conroekid, did you have any clutch work or gear reductions done? Thinking about running the exact same setup as your commander with 32” terms

·
Super Moderator
25,407 Posts
Extended arms won’t work without custom axles. So if doing custom length axles you should be able to run it with the lift . And while 2.0 are a tenth stronger than the original rhinos they still break like the rest of the cheap axles. Conro kids has moved on long ago he’s now sporting a x3. So you may try and send him a pm and he may get a email notification.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Ace.
Are the c clips any better on the rhino 2.0? based on posts in this thread, that seemed to be one of the main issues with them not working well with the extended trailing arms. That’s my main concern- whether the 2.0s are better equipped to work with the trailing arms than the original rhinos, or whether I need to buy cobras or turners. Most of my buddies run 2.0s, but none have commanders

·
Super Moderator
25,407 Posts
2.0 axles are supposed to be stronger than the originals . Guessing clips are still the same . Haven’t seen any of the 2.0 clips yet . But I will be seeing one soon. Supposedly they are coming out with a 3.0 . So maybe it will be third times a charm .

·
Registered
2017 Commander Max DPS
7 Posts
Has anybody had any problems running these arms with stock axles, extenders, and no lift? I don't mind buying the Cobra axles, I just keep bouncing back and forth between doing this Super ATV trailing arm vs just having my stock arms stretched. It really bugs me how close the rear wheel is stock. My main concern though is reliability. I almost want to say that the 2" stretch is reliable, but I'm afraid that it won't be enough in my eyes.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts