Can-Am Commander Forum banner

181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
FYI, Super ATV extended rear trailing arms are on sale right now for a couple of days...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just to summarize then, it appears that the Super ATV Extended Trailing Arms kit will work (meaning no axle(s) popping-out issues) by using Cobra axles vs. the Rhino's... Hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
427 Posts
Also work fine with turners and may work fine if you replace c clips in the rhino axles. I placed the rhino axles on another stock commander after replacing c clips. No problems with them at all afterwards.

I could separate the rhino axle assembly by hand with the stock c clips, not so after replacing the c clips.

·
Registered
479 Posts
We're were you able to find c clips at? And would you do this kit again did it help you that much I'm just looking in to doing the rear are people using this kit just to get a bigger tire under it or to help them out on the trail

·
Registered
427 Posts
Got them from auto parts store.
The major advantage for me was stability improved with the wheelbase length.

Actually I just purchased a maverick xds turbo, so have been returning the commander back to stock trim. Just sold the trailing arm kit.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My only reason for me wanting the trailing arm is to get my back wheels under my box more i'm planning on staying with stock size tires just don't like hitting my box in every ditch I try to cross

·
Registered
226 Posts
Kevin.....PM me if you end up getting them......would like to see the setup. I am trying to talk my dad into getting them now, along with the fronts and the racertech complete kit. He's wanting to run 30" Outlaw Radials....

·
Registered
750 Posts
Kevin.....PM me if you end up getting them......would like to see the setup. I am trying to talk my dad into getting them now, along with the fronts and the racertech complete kit. He's wanting to run 30" Outlaw Radials....
You Dont need the front or rear arms to run 30's. The racer tech springs and lift would be more than enough for them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You Dont need the front or rear arms to run 30's. The racer tech springs and lift would be more than enough for them.
He borrowed my buddies 28" Terms, and they rubbed under compression while turning. Thats why he was thinking about getting the kit. Would give extra room all around......BUT if you think the RT kit would solve all the problems, that'd be much cheaper and easier!

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
hold on now. i had my xt shocks on level 2 all the way around and with the 28 terms i could wheelie one tire in the air with the other compressed adn it wouldnt scrub on either..if that makes sense lol..i was at the max on both sides is what im getting at... i bought the lift the the shock relocation mainly so i could side wheelie.

·
Registered
750 Posts
He borrowed my buddies 28" Terms, and they rubbed under compression while turning. Thats why he was thinking about getting the kit. Would give extra room all around......BUT if you think the RT kit would solve all the problems, that'd be much cheaper and easier!
I ran 30's with just racer tech springs no lift. It would still rub in certain situations but, nothing like the factory springs though. Wheel offset makes a big difference as well .

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hello all I got my +4 kit instaled with a set of cobra axles what a easy install I plan to get some pis up and a report back in a few days its a little cold here so hope it will warm up this weekend

·
Registered
479 Posts
A little cold......LOL!!
Haha ok it's been really cold I did get to ride around a little today it crawled around better I also installed the sport mode low switch I think it helped as well

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just put the Racer Tech 2" lift and springs love the ride. I do like the look of the extended arms, but not sure if they will work on a limited with Fox air suspension . Also a little concern with axle issues etc. sounds like a lot of voodoo for what should be a complete kit ready to go and all bugs worked out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, fixed the problem by not using the rhino axles, cobra axles worked fine with it. I rebuilt my rhino axles and replaced the c-clips, they are working fine on another machine.
Was it the stock length axles or the ones designed for 4 inches of lift? I am looking to order the extended trailing arms and superatv bracket lift. Just want to make sure I have the right size cobra axles from the start.

Thanks!

·
Registered
479 Posts
image.jpg
My cobra axles were longer then my stock I called and told him what I was doing and he said I know exactly what to build for you I have had no problems with the axels and liking the super atv kit going to add a bracket lift next

·
Registered
427 Posts
So this is being done for stability more than anything. Giving the machine a longer wheel base? Has anyone figured out if it works with the Ltd. stock air suspension and Racer Tec springs and 2" lift? I'd imagine since your only changing axles the rest would work?

Also someone mentioned about moving the Diff 1" back? How big of a project was that and did you have to extend the drive axle? Lol havent looked but imagine it's equipped with one?

Big thing is $$ verses gain?

181 - 200 of 239 Posts