Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the Super ATV +4" rear trailing arms? Will this work well with my 2012 LTD w/Racer Tech Lift & Spring Kit? What would be the disadvantage? Would you also recommend the Rhino Axles sold as an option with the kit? (Jason & Andy will surely comment on this one)...:icon_wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm using the arms I like them I have elka shocks on mine no problems you will have to adjust your preload because of the extra leverage you will lose some ground clearance you have to run aftermarket axles because of CV angle I don't have a lift but super ATV says they tested there bracket lift with no problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using the arms I like them I have elka shocks on mine no problems you will have to adjust your preload because of the extra leverage you will lose some ground clearance you have to run aftermarket axles because of CV angle I don't have a lift but super ATV says they tested there bracket lift with no problems.

Kellym,

Thanks for the great feedback and all the pic's! Did this mod improve your overall stability with the additional wheel base, if so to what extent? I was hoping that someone may have tried this option with a Limited's factory Fox Air Shocks.. and maybe even with a Racer Tech Spring Setup for an even better comparison for my application.

Best Regards,

Verado

·
Registered
65 Posts
Verado,

It did improve stability and ride .also it improved handling it actually look like that's where the tire should be once you get shocks adjusted for the extra leverage you already have a lift where I don't .I would like to know how it does with a lift so keep me informed .

Kelly

·
Registered
65 Posts
Verado

Here are some side pictures once you get shocks adjusted it will float like long travel you just don't have 14 inches of travel mine handles great I do have elka stage 4 with complete adjustment but you should see similar results with the racer tech springs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Verado

Here are some side pictures once you get shocks adjusted it will float like long travel you just don't have 14 inches of travel mine handles great I do have elka stage 4 with complete adjustment but you should see similar results with the racer tech springs.

uploadfromtaptalk1400029231088.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1400029248370.jpg

·
Registered
750 Posts
Verado

View attachment 13551 View attachment 13552

That is what I'm talking about..looks flippin awesome!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I bet you didn't measure or compare them with a stock axle before installing them, did you?
Any chance you know how much longer they are than stock length?

·
Registered
65 Posts
No I didn't I don't think there is a length difference its about the CV angle .

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Verado

View attachment 13551 View attachment 13552

Kelly,

Your rig looks awesome! I also relocated my new Maverick Diff about 1" to the rear (from stock) to help the axle/cv joint angles.... if (or now when):wacko: I extend the trailing arms. You have convinced me to purchase these instead of extending my stock arms. Thanks again for your feedback and all the great photo's. Just when I thought I was about done....another great mod is unveiled and continues to test my wife's sense of humor (or lack there of)!!:rating10:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Verado

If you moved diff back you shouldn't have any problems running stock axles.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts