Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a miracle fix for stuck seat belt ? Rarely does anyone set in the passenger seat when I am out riding hard. But when it happens and the Wife joins me the seat belt is generally stuck. Usually I can get it to work, however this weekend there was no freeing it up period. So I am hoping someone can tell me the miracle cure. Or it is harnesses time for me.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Anyone have a miracle fix for stuck seat belt ? Rarely does anyone set in the passenger seat when I am out riding hard. But when it happens and the Wife joins me the seat belt is generally stuck. Usually I can get it to work, however this weekend there was no freeing it up period. So I am hoping someone can tell me the miracle cure. Or it is harnesses time for me.
I have found the best thing to free up anything stuck is to mix 50/50 acetone and cheap ATF. Get a squirt bottle or try to keep it off the belt itself and let it sit for a few.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have you tried using an air compressor to try blow out any dirt or debris that may be trapped inside? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I just smack it with a wheel wrench until it rolls out. There is a ton of dried mud and other crap inside mine, not corrosion related.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Are you talking about the retracor or the female latch with the button or male tongue part that slides up and down the belt? As to the latter, there’s usually a certain angle I can get it at to move on the belt.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The retractor in mine is always stuck, probably mud and debris. Never tried beating the crap out of it. I usually get it freed up and on occasion have to use air but not this weekend. I will try beating on it. That sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hammer works for me.

Neil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts