Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Commander that has the SuperATV EZ Steer Power Steering Unit. The rack and pinion went out on us but thankfully we were able
to snag one from a great member on here. Upon further inspection during the removal we seen that the coupler on the steering shaft that attaches to the splines coming from the steering rack is stripped out and the steering wheel is just free spinning. I am assuming I will have to try and get a SuperATV replacement steering shaft if thats even possible or does anyone know if you can purchase a coupler to replace the stripped on bearing that it will even come off.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Call satv they will have what you need if it does have there steering unit .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call satv they will have what you need if it does have there steering unit .

I confirmed it is SuperATV. But looks like it’s going to have to be a new shaft. The coupler is welded to the shaft.
Automotive tire Bumper Cylinder Gas Font

Automotive tire Bumper Cylinder Gas Font

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Yes that shaft comes with the new steering unit. Just give them a call. Let them know what happened. They still have the 11 model kits.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that shaft comes with the new steering unit. Just give them a call. Let them know what happened. They still have the 11 model kits.

Called and they are getting us taken care of. New shaft will be on the way soon. $50 and special order from Indiana and hopefully will have it back together again soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts