Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the site, but I had an important question about can am Commander 1000 XT. So we have had some crazy rain and a few flood warnings in the South East Idaho Area and me and a friend went out a few days ago and rolled softly while spinning a cookie in the mud completely upside down. I immediately turned it off and we rolled it back over and let it sit for about a half hour before driving it but it got us all the way down the hill and home. A few days later me and the misses went out for the day and road from like 2pm - 10pm and about 9 we were going over some pretty large rocks(not bottoming out) and after going over one of the last ones to get clear we stopped to check out a scraping (from the rear of the exaust frame maybe the right rear wheel arm/skid plate) and when we started driving a kind of lugging seemed to take place. When it gets to a higher speed it seems to be ok but when you start and take off makes the sound and starts the lugging. I am thinking maybe it was from the excessive water and rock climbing but am not an expert. I was going to replace the wheel bearings and see if that fixes it however I am unable to find OEM wheel bearings for sale on the Can-Am web site and after seeing Acefire's pictures of the proken wheel and story about the All balls bearings only want to get OEM so I am curious if anyone has any links to sales websites where you can get the name brand wheel bearings or if you think it is even that. I am a college student and would just take it in if I had the money to fork out i have had the machine for about 3 months now and have gone from 1100 to 1800 miles and about 170 hours. I appreciate all the help with this I can get I also tried finding another forum that had anything similar but even with the search couldnt find anyhting exact. Anyways time for soem sleep gotta get up tomorrow and give it a bath, oh and thats another thing I havent been able to wash it every time between mudding adventures either plus the majority of the trails here are EXTREMELY rocky if that info helps. thanks

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
Rear wheel bearing part number for OEM brp is 293350040 off brp web site .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
If it was on its side or upside down check your engine oil as it has tendency to get way in to the air box and possibly damage your engine, smoke and least of all make an awful mess. Look around the site, was a great posting on this a few weeks ago.

Just wondering if there is water in the rear diff due to a breather hose off on the diff housing, or possibly a bearing there as well.

My thought would be to check the oil, but find a local club that has some experienced sxs's riders to talk to about the problem as you could spend allot of time and money looking for a ghost if your not familiar with the rig, have a wrench degree and short on cash, because parts aren't cheap and things break when being torn down of your new to the concept and if they don't go back the right way....... could be dangerous and expensive as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts