Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know what the stock wheel offset is for 2017 commander xt ? Can't find in Can Am web or manual. Is it 5+2 ?
thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going to get new wheels/tires, will be going to 29" tires. Will it be better to do 5+2 or 6+1? I wanted to lift it 2" but I'm afraid I'll be one of the few with axle problems. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,668 Posts
Need a 5/3 for 11” if you go with 5/2 for the fronts . Unless you already got the tires I would just do 5/2 wheel 10” on all four corners !!

·
Super Moderator
23,668 Posts
You wouldn’t like those black waters after they drop past 3/4 tread. Been there done that. They wear fast and once below 3/4 like driving on ice no traction .

·
Super Moderator
23,668 Posts
I’m running dirt commanders on commander and the quad . Maxis carnivores on the x3. Carnivores are nice but they wear fast . Soft compound great for rocks. The dirts are good anywhere but asphalt. But they have 3000 hard miles . But needing replaced now. The black waters were gone in 800 miles . After 600 they lost there foot print and couldn’t keep traction going straight in 4wd. There’s a bunch of good tires out there now compared to just five yrs ago. Biggest key is to get one with a foot print so once it starts wearing down you still have traction. Most of the truck tire style are great all around . Some little more aggressive than others .

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
I’m thinking about putting stock front tires on stock rear rims on all four corners. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. Boogerhead.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Okay. I read all the post again, unfortunately I don’t know what 5/2 or 6/4 or 3/9 Etc means so I don’t know what I have or what I should do. Thanks anyway. Boog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Okay thanks. I have 8 tires on rims here, and one rim, two rims on loan in Brighton ‘Rado, and one rim on loan in Colfax Wisconsin so if my ploomber math is correct, I think I have 9/3’s. Thanks for the help. Boogerhead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts