Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
On the XT model, "Stock":
(2) 27x9xR14 and two (2) 27x11xR14 Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 Tires mounted on stock 2011/2012 Can-Am Commander XT Wheels.
Sorry, I didn't see if you had it on your profile but which model do you have?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the XT model, "Stock":
(2) 27x9xR14 and two (2) 27x11xR14 Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 Tires mounted on stock 2011/2012 Can-Am Commander XT Wheels.
Sorry, I didn't see if you had it on your profile but which model do you have?
1000x:commanderroll:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have some BH on another atv and they are 27 they are about 1 1/2 inches taller than the BH 2.0 on my X not sure if why but the 2.0 must run smaller?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts

Holy crap that is a huge difference. Maxxis should realy re-evaulate the way they size their tires. I'm needing to buy some new ones as we speak. I almost just pulled the trigger on the orginal Bighorn 27x12x12 thinking they would be the same size as the 27x11.12 Bighorn 2.0's. Those are way to big for me and would probably kill a lot of HP due to un-sprung weight. I'm think I should go with the 26 or maybe even 25's to be as close to stock. Anybody else have experience with the sizing on the original Bighorn.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The stock tires are special made 4 ply Bighorns 2.0, they are only available at your local friendly Can Am dealer, no where else.
When it comes to making comparisons on sizing, weight...ect on the stock tires all bets are off. The stock tires are animals all there own.
I know this because I spoke to Maxxis on this very subject Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Screw it, I just ordered a set of 26x12x12 rears and 26x9x12's for the fronts. I got the Bighorn 1.0's. Cheapest place I found was Rocky Mountain ATV for $517.00 to my door. I hope they are close in size to the stock ones that are on my X. Right now I've almost wore my 2.0's compleatly down. They also have about 50 plugs in total with the 4 tires combined. I'm not kidding either. Hopefully these 1.0's will be much more puncture resistant. Luckily I have never tore the sidewalls on them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Xelvic,
Bighorns 1.0 ?? I assume you mean the original Bighorns ??
Can you do a side by side photo of the originals and your new tires,
I'd love to see it !!

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Yea there is no dought the OEM tires do not hold up well to punctures. I currenty have two with side wall cuts and on with a 1" long gash in the tread. Time to order another batch of Rema Tip Top!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Noticed the same thing between my stock 27" tires and a set of itp mudlite 27" there is no way they would clear the rear they were so much taller yet both r stamped same size

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just bought a set of the Maxxis Vipr's to replace my stock Big Horn 2.0's. Took them out for a ride yesterday. They did great. Got a good price from Chaperral Motor sports.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
LOL ya 1.0's meaning original. Yep, I'll take pictures for comparison.
you ever take pics of the difference? I need to buy tires real bad.... Just deciding on what to get
Crap, sorry totally forgot. My 26 inch 1.0's are just a tad bit taller than the 27 2.0's. Glad I went with the 26 and not 27's. They also zapped my top speed about 4 MPH. Oh well, I hardly ever go the fast anyway.

·
Registered
340 Posts
LOL ya 1.0's meaning original. Yep, I'll take pictures for comparison.
you ever take pics of the difference? I need to buy tires real bad.... Just deciding on what to get
Crap, sorry totally forgot. My 26 inch 1.0's are just a tad bit taller than the 27 2.0's. Glad I went with the 26 and not 27's. They also zapped my top speed about 4 MPH. Oh well, I hardly ever go the fast anyway.

That's sad... They shouldn't market them as 27's... I think I'm going with the 26.5 growlers... Hope they fit ok....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts