Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions first though - how should I mount them? I have no mounting gear as of right now.

Do I need a second battery to run both of these? Do I need to upgrade the alternator?

Was thinking of mounting the party bar just behind your head on the rear side of the roll bar. Then have the woofer 'dangle' right below it.

Any thoughts, or has anyone here done similar set up?

Thanks all

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
No experience with party bars but many kinds of bar clamps out there should be a way to mount like you want. The stator in these machines is a "not whopping" 625 watts and it needs some of that to run itself as long as you don't have 50 inch light bars on both ends and run them on both ends I don't believe you need to upgrade, maybe second battery to be safe and charge it at home with AC at most. Now as for the woofer dangling c'mon man not a good plan lol

·
Registered
12,787 Posts
I know of a couple people that have 4 wake bar speakers and 2 —12” subs in a mander . They need a battery charger plugged in if it’s not running. Battery won’t last long .
Many yahoos in the maverick forum have pounding stereo systems in there buggy’s

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No experience with party bars but many kinds of bar clamps out there should be a way to mount like you want. The stator in these machines is a "not whopping" 625 watts and it needs some of that to run itself as long as you don't have 50 inch light bars on both ends and run them on both ends I don't believe you need to upgrade, maybe second battery to be safe and charge it at home with AC at most. Now as for the woofer dangling c'mon man not a good plan lol
Thanks lol and for sure it is not ideal. I would prefer not to have the sub in the box because I want to utilize its full capacity and don't want to bang the woofer up. Also that would be very weird having it directly under someone's seat... it's already an enclosed box so maybe i can mount it on the side frame or even the top back frame.

·
Registered
12,787 Posts
Stock Commander 1000 - time to install 36" party bar and 250W woofer

I put a couple pancake subs in my maverick . They have there own amp built in and sound not bad . My daughter bought them for me as a birthday gift . I was not expecting much but was surprised . Because they are a self contained unit they are very easy to use

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a couple pancake subs in my maverick . They have there own amp built in and sound not bad . My daughter bought them for me as a birthday gift . I was not expecting much but was surprised . Because they are a self contained unit they are very easy to use
Those look cool. I got the Bazooka Marine Woofer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts