Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the racer tech lift kit should I spend the money on the racer tech springs or is it not that much of a difference?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I got the racer tech lift kit should I spend the money on the racer tech springs or is it not that much of a difference?
Do you have the fox shocks ? If you ride hard and or carry alot of weight i would get them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm thinking that I'll want to add some heavier springs - a lot of you guys seem to be saying that is the best bang for the buck to improve the ride and handling - and I also need to be able to tow some heavy stuff.

I have a 2018 Commander 1000DPS with the red springs. I have no idea what the rest of it is right now, but some guidance and advice would be appreciated.

The way I see it, besides all of the fabrication mods I'm doing to it, I'll need to do the springs and the clutch lockup. Already did the low override. Any other advice would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,950 Posts
I'm thinking that I'll want to add some heavier springs - a lot of you guys seem to be saying that is the best bang for the buck to improve the ride and handling - and I also need to be able to tow some heavy stuff.

I have a 2018 Commander 1000DPS with the red springs. I have no idea what the rest of it is right now, but some guidance and advice would be appreciated.

The way I see it, besides all of the fabrication mods I'm doing to it, I'll need to do the springs and the clutch lockup. Already did the low override. Any other advice would be appreciated.

I got a nice set of Fox x model with Racertech springs for sale . We can probably work something out. Good set of springs will run you 500$. Just to get rid of what I got 1200$ plus shipping fox shocks with springs .

·
Registered
5,852 Posts

I got a nice set of Fox x model with Racertech springs for sale . We can probably work something out. Good set of springs will run you 500$. Just to get rid of what I got 1200$ plus shipping fox shocks with springs .
That is a GOOD ! deal ****

·
Registered
11 Posts
That sounds like an excellent deal, but is more than I can spend right now. I’ve already spent a bunch! Let me know next time you are headed to Webster...

·
Super Moderator
22,950 Posts
Unless you are hauling a lot of weight . Running the rt springs you may want to consider the light rate springs . The med springs with lift are about the equivalent to the heavy springs and no lift.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've also got the RT 2" lift and the RT Progressive Coils added to my stock shocks and have them set at the softest setting. The ride is improved over stock somewhat, but I still get that annoying rear end "kick-up" on some bumps, etc. I can't ever recall anyone paying for the Fox shocks, either on an ATV, SXS, Jeep, Truck or whatever, and complaining about them in any way... If you simply putt around the neighborhood at 15 MPH, I doubt you'll notice much. If you ride hard at times and push the limits occasionally, you'll no doubt see improvement in handling... There's a few YouTube vids regarding upgrading trucks to Fox 2.0's from factory shocks and they claim a night and day difference. I would assume that would apply to a SXS too...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I put the RT lift on and stayed with the factory shocks (1 notch up on the front and 0 on the rear) and I'll tell you that it really stiffened up the ride - not to the point of too hard but it is definitely firm. I carry a spare in the bed, 50 lbs. of stuff at least, and @350 lbs. of driver/passenger. I would advise RT light rate springs if you go that route or do what I did and just start with the lift and see how it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts