Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys. I’ve got a 2011 can am commander 800 xt with a 2” lift and 29.5 swamp lights and my machine is lacking low end torque. Like I’m having problems climbing lil ass hills. The tires should be ripping rooster tails but it’s not. So I was told putting a new STM primary clutch would give my machine the power it actually has. Has anyone used these? Or any other feed back would be great. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Your power shouldn’t be down that low with 29” rubber. Is it only low end power loss?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your power shouldn’t be down that low with 29” rubber. Is it only low end power loss?
Yes like I go into small hill the height of the machine and it barely wants to climb it. I just got this machine 3 months ago and haven’t road it in the summer yet but it sure feels like it ain’t gonna be able to go through no mud holes

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
And if you are going to be doing mud. You need the sport low mod. If you don’t already have it .

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Change the spark plugs . And check and clean the spark arrester screen in muffler . 6000 is way low. That’s a power problem not a gearing problem.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
If top speed is only 79km I would bet dead plug. Change plugs check the screen . Unless fuel pump is weak one of those two will be your fix.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Also, are you using the performance key or the other one? The performance key should be black and the work key grey, unless they were programmed wrong. It should scroll "performance key" on the dash when you power up with the performance key.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok th
If top speed is only 79km I would bet dead plug. Change plugs check the screen . Unless fuel pump is weak one of those two will be your fix.
ok thanks man I’ll look at these!
Also, are you using the performance key or the other one? The performance key should be black and the work key grey, unless they were programmed wrong. It should scroll "performance key" on the dash when you power up with the performance key.
yes the only key I got was the performance key. It’s does say that in the dash.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
When you are in high and push the performance button does the performance light come on on the dash? And the keys can be programmed to anything no matter what color they are. So key maybe programmed wrong . When not in performance mode you only get 60% of the throttle . When in low your cut to 40% . That’s why you need the sport low mod. It gives you 100% in low range with performance switch turned on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I
When you are in high and push the performance button does the performance light come on on the dash? And the keys can be programmed to anything no matter what color they are. So key maybe programmed wrong . When not in performance mode you only get 60% of the throttle . When in low your cut to 40% . That’s why you need the sport low mod. It gives you 100% in low range with performance switch turned on.
never pressed a ( performance button) I see a sport button beside my lights switch but I don’t see a performance button

1 - 20 of 40 Posts