Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all....just signed up on the site. Looking for just a little general info. I have a 2016 Commander Max 1000 XT. I've just recently bought the dash for the limited model with the GPS/wireless remote mounting hole. I'm putting a marine grade stereo control unit that fits into that 3" hole. I've installed many stereos in my vehicles, and I'm sure this is much the same. Just curious where any of you were tying in your power from. Were you just getting switched power from off of the ignition wire at the back of the key switch, or were you going right to the fuse box for accessory power?
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Jay

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum, if your not going to add a batch of things down the road and wish you would have just put a fuse block up under the dash in the first place powered from the batt then you can find a plug wired for power behind the center dash panel black and red wire. I'm thinking this is keyed on power so test for that if leaving your tunes on while stopped is going to be a habit. Stay safe enjoy the toy and always Rock On!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum, if your not going to add a batch of things down the road and wish you would have just put a fuse block up under the dash in the first place powered from the batt then you can find a plug wired for power behind the center dash panel black and red wire. I'm thinking this is keyed on power so test for that if leaving your tunes on while stopped is going to be a habit. Stay safe enjoy the toy and always Rock On!!!

Thanks for the info!! I'll look for that wire this weekend. Much appreciated!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts