Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the axle stender on the front along with rtpro lift. When i put the stenders in and torqued down the castle nut I noticed there is a gap now between the bearing face and hub. Will water and mud still be sealed out or will this be a problem ?

steve

·
Super Moderator
23,430 Posts
You don’t need stenders on the front . With rt pro and stock axles . But no bearing is sealed so no water can get in. Best thing to do is remove the hub seal. Even without the stenders those seals let water in and hold it in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ace I will get a pic in the morning. So a 2011 x doesn’t need stenders in the front ? These were freebies so i will take them out and install in the back axles.
You got a pic ?

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Ace I will get a pic in the morning. So a 2011 x doesn’t need stenders in the front ? These were freebies so i will take them out and install in the back axles.
Not sure but ace will know, don’t think you need to go through the trouble of removing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
But you might need them for the rear.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,430 Posts
If the stenders are the 1/4” think ones you do not want them in the front . At full droop it can cause cv to rub the axle shaft . Which Immediately causes a weak spot .

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
If the stenders are the 1/4” think ones you do not want them in the front . At full droop it can cause cv to rub the axle shaft . Which Immediately causes a weak spot .
Not sure but ace will know, don’t think you need to go through the trouble of removing them.

Well, Booger is wrong again!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Removed the front stenders and put them on the rear axle. Rtpro install went smoothly, i did opt to cut the back plastic instead of removing it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Removed the front stenders and put them on the rear axle. Rtpro install went smoothly, i did opt to cut the back plastic instead of removing it.

When acefire helped me with mine we went under the plastic and tapped the brackets up. That's kind of a happy medium. But still took a bit of effort. Without his help, I would have cut the plastic too. There's really no point of the plastic being there on top of the brackets.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
When acefire helped me with mine we went under the plastic and tapped the brackets up. That's kind of a happy medium. But still took a bit of effort. Without his help, I would have cut the plastic too. There's really no point of the plastic being there on top of the brackets.
Huh? How do I get this acefire guy to work on my lift? Is there a waiting list? A hotline perhaps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts