Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Commander 1000 Max XT

A little history... a few years ago I told my wife she drives like Betty White, result, bent tie rods (not recommended). I upgraded the tie rods to SuperATV HD. Not knowing to replace the bushing in the stock rack, I now have this issue.
20191207_142521.jpg

Tie rods are bullet proof and reusable. My question is, what after market rack is everyone having good luck with?

·
Super Moderator
23,205 Posts
That rack is life time replacement from satv. Only racks out there are factory and satv for 15 and up .

·
Super Moderator
23,205 Posts
Sorry miss read satv only one other than factory for 15 and up. But you will need to replace the bushing and complete grease job on rack before install. The satv bushing is loose and wears out faster than the factory junk.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Wow she did a excellent job!!

You really need to make a rack brace now like I did to reinforce the stock mounting bracket!!

I was going to post a picture but I must have deleted them. I did however post a pic on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
That rack is life time replacement from satv. Only racks out there are factory and satv for 15 and up .
Thanks for the info! I called satv and was told their "RackBoss" fits all models EXCEPT a 2015 Commander 1000 MAX, due to the splines. UGH!

·
Super Moderator
23,205 Posts
That guy in post 9 just bought a satv rack and installed it. So no clue why they told you it doesn’t fit a 15 model. Wicked built doesn’t make one for a 15 cause they told him they did and he bought the rackzilla first and it was a fail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That guy in post 9 just bought a satv rack and installed it. So no clue why they told you it doesn’t fit a 15 model. Wicked built doesn’t make one for a 15 cause they told him they did and he bought the rackzilla first and it was a fail.
Good point.. I emailed Rackzilla to get their thoughts as well. I cant imagine an engineer saying "let's make these parts interchangeable EXCEPT the 2015 MAX" or maybe I can.. LOL

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
I think I read somewhere that a guy in WV is taking your factory coupling and the coupling from the rack of your choosing, cutting them apart and rejoining them.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I just checked the part list 15 commander uses a coupler 1494. Max uses a coupler 1294.
Correct I found all this out when my power steering died.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I do not have a max and yes it makes a difference

1 - 17 of 17 Posts