Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Stator cover leak

9K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Kastro 
#1 · (Edited)
Been noticing an oil leak so i took the panels off and this Only place on the stator cover that i can find a leak. Should i loosen bolts enough and put some silicone rtv and retighten. Or take stator cover off and put a new gasket ?

See less See more
#2 ·
There is a O-ring under that crank sensor that gets hard from heat . Remove it and go to your auto parts store and buy a new o-ring for .75 cents and your set

#3 ·
Hard to tell from the pic but i took a flashlight and looked around the sensor and it is dry around it. I took carb cleaner and sprayed and cleaned where the stator gasket is and there is a small leak to the left of the bolt where the cover meets the case

#5 ·
Where the wires come out of the cover is a spot that seeps oil on many

#6 ·
Yeah I remember reading one of your older posts where you mentioned that and i looked there first and no leak. Should i remove the whole cover and reseal or maybe loosen it enough to get some rtv sealant in theleak spot and retorque ?

#7 ·
If you crack the cover loose you better install a new gasket .
My outlander started leaking out of the stator wire bundle so I took compressed air and brake cleaner to where the wires come out . I got them clean and dry , then I used black gasket maker silicone and worked some into the wire group next to the engine . It has been leak free since I did it .

Reactions: Bill_Rowe
#9 ·
I don’t think so as I am having a bit of some health setbacks . Fall ride is in question ?[emoji20]

#13 ·
Yes worked for me Loosened it a bit and worked some silicone in there and let it sit to skin over and then tightened back up

#11 ·
My 2012 1000 XT is leaking at the exact same spot, verified it today while chasing a bad oil leak that has been driving me nuts and making a mess of everything underneath...
Tire Automotive tire Tread Auto part Synthetic rubber

#15 ·
Hey Troy do you have any pictures of how and where you sealed it. I have a 2013 can am outlander 1000xt just bought it last week took it for a ride seen some oil coming from around the area. But not too sure. If I seal the grommet or wire area with permatex will it seep in or mess anything up or allow too much pressure to build up ... thanks for any info

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.