Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a RT Pro 2" lift installed on 17 Commander 1000 XP using the stock springs and seek shock pre-load settings for front and rear. I see that if the RT Pro springs are used the recommended setting is 0 in the back and +1 in the front. Any suggestions using the stock springs?

·
Super Moderator
25,549 Posts
It will be based on how hard you ride. For me it’s full preload front and rear and still not enough . But some people don’t ride as hard as they think they do.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be based on how hard you ride. For me it’s full preload front and rear and still not enough . But some people don’t ride as hard as they think they do.
I had been using +3 in the rear and +4 in the front but the rear kept slapping when I was going over obstacles and hence one of the reasons for the lift. +4 in the back was pretty stiff. I noted that the lift really stiffened out the ride as expected. I'm experimenting with +2 in the rear and +3 in the front.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Been running mine +1 click on the front from bottom, and 0 on the rears. Running great for over 1000 miles.

I've recommended this to a few folks on here and they're loving it.

-Kris

Reactions: Ontrack and acefire

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been running mine +1 click on the front from bottom, and 0 on the rears. Running great for over 1000 miles.

I've recommended this to a few folks on here and they're loving it.

-Kris

Did you put on their springs with the lift or just the lift?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I also did the +1 in front and 0 in the rear with stock springs and like it so far. I'm probably going to experiment a bit this fall on different settings.

Steve

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
OP says he has an XP, not XT. Dunno if the initial setting should differ from us with the XT package. Just putting that out there.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Did you put on their springs with the lift or just the lift?

Just the lift. Saving up for springs .... the Sergeant Major said "No." when I asked, so I'm in a holding pattern.

-Kris

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, was a typo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts