Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if this is the speed sensor? I want to clean it as the manual states. I'm at 884 miles.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
After more digging I found a thread. It's behind the 4x4 actuator.

Registered
Does the oil need to be drained to clean it, do you loose any? Never did mine, som much talk about them lately it must be an omen!?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't remove it today. Next time I change the gear oil I might. As far I could read on the other thread with manual pictures the 4x4 actuator needs to be removed. It looks like it's a bear to get at the one screw holding it in.

Registered
I felt like I needed to clean mine so I got it off which was a battle and it was clean and I had 3500 miles on mine at the time never really saw a difference now I have 5000 miles and probably wont clean it for a bit and yes you will lose some oil so do it when you change your oil before you refill.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I felt like I needed to clean mine so I got it off which was a battle and it was clean and I had 3500 miles on mine at the time never really saw a difference now I have 5000 miles and probably wont clean it for a bit and yes you will lose some oil so do it when you change your oil before you refill.
Did you remove the 4x4 actuator to get to the speed sensor?

Registered
It can be removed without taking anything else apart , I used an 8mm combination open box end wrench . I've changed my gearbox oil 3 times and the speed sensor always seems to have a little metal on it from normal wear , if you dont clean it you can have [worst scenario] speedometer fluctuation or malfunction which can cut power and make the machine go into LIMP MODE

Registered
It can be removed without taking anything else apart , I used an 8mm combination open box end wrench . I've changed my gearbox oil 3 times and the speed sensor always seems to have a little metal on it from normal wear , if you dont clean it you can have [worst scenario] speedometer fluctuation or malfunction which can cut power and make the machine go into LIMP MODE
Hey, I know its been a while since this post, but I need to clean my speed sensor and I was wondering how you accessed it with the 8mm without taking anything else apart. Im not finding much on this process and most are saying it is a bear to tackle so your insight would be greatly appreciated!

Registered
Did into it and you will find it鈥檚 a easy job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts