Can-Am Commander Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had one similar (don't know if same manufacturer or not) and the answer was no, I could not get into the lower box or even lower the tailgate with it on. I gave mine away for shipping .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
P.S. I also had to remove it to tilt the bed. It made the bed all but un-usable but it would be nice on a long trip if you need lots of bed space. I kept mine for awhile after I went vertical mount spare in bed thinking that I'd use it on long trips. The reason I got rid of it was I got tired of tripping over it in the shop.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thank u that's what I wanted to know. I'll take my time. I pick it up Friday going to get use to it then I'll fab something up in the shop.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but as Hiperflyer2 stated, you couldn't dump the bed or get into the bottom trunk with the carrier designed that way. But when out on the trail we didn't use the trunk, we don't drink that much beer. Only need one cooler. A spare tire is more important out here in the desert. lol

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
A buddy and I carry a spare on the roof . We both have the EMP metal roof . It don't bend and it's never in the way . Fab up a mount and put it up top , works good

·
Registered
700 Posts
I ended up goin with a vertical spare tire carrier that stands the tire up in the left side of the bed. Works great and no rattles.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I lay my down in the bed and it's held down with the cargo net. Gives me plenty of room for a small soft cooler on the side. I carry my slime tire kit, tool kit, 2 ton bottle jack and still have room for more in my trunk.

I'm thinking about fabing up a quick release cargo grill that straddles the bed side rails. There are all sorts of mounts and stuff I've seen in my motorcycle touring forum.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes ,TurnKey makes it and I also got the Jack mount to go with it. Nice setup. Good folks to work with to.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts