Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
How bad does this shake and rattle thou?

Never noticed a shake, and for a rattle, I can't hear anything over the whine, lol. Honestly, the only time I notice it is when I look in the rear view mirror. It takes up some of my view, but the roof obstructs more of my view.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would check out Factory UTV's spare tire carrier. It can be mounted in several different locations and configurations on the CanAm.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I would check out Factory UTV's spare tire carrier. It can be mounted in several different locations and configurations on the CanAm.

I think I've looked at all Commander spare tire carries known to man. I wish some of these sponsors on here would make a roof top bracket/carrier for a metal roof. I don't want a mount for the roll bars, because I would not be able to use my Kolpin rear window without chopping that all up.

Commanders seem to be the last for innovative ideas.

·
Super Moderator
24,137 Posts

I think I've looked at all Commander spare tire carries known to man. I wish some of these sponsors on here would make a roof top bracket/carrier for a metal roof. I don't want a mount for the roll bars, because I would not be able to use my Kolpin rear window without chopping that all up.

How thick is your roof and how does it attach to the roll bar. And the most important ?????? How much would you pay for a roof mount carrier.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
650 Posts

How thick is your roof and how does it attach to the roll bar. And the most important ?????? How much would you pay for a roof mount carrier.

It's a UTVinc roof .100 thick with the supplied clamps. As for paying for one, it would depend on the quality, I don't like junk, maybe $75 -100 depending what it is. I was thinking of the mount that is round like the ones you see for sale with the receiver and using that plate with a backing plate on the underside. Seems like that would work if the roof would support it without tweaking..

·
Super Moderator
24,137 Posts
Well I looked at there roof and the water hose clamps. And with the roof only 2.55 mm thick even with a reinforced bottom plate I think the roof would flex to much to keep it from pulling the bolts out of the roof or more than likely start breaking the clamps. Ether way I wouldn't want to be the one that tweaked your roof. Them things aren't cheap. Thats way I don't have one that is store bought. I spend to much time on my top my roofs are plastic about 75$ each. And they take a beating without getting destroyed. Lol But if you want to try it I will build it send it to ya see what you think then we will work the details out later. Up to you. It would be textured wrinkle black like the cage.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well I looked at there roof and the water hose clamps. And with the roof only 2.55 mm thick even with a reinforced bottom plate I think the roof would flex to much to keep it from pulling the bolts out of the roof or more than likely start breaking the clamps. Ether way I wouldn't want to be the one that tweaked your roof. Them things aren't cheap. Thats way I don't have one that is store bought. I spend to much time on my top my roofs are plastic about 75$ each. And they take a beating without getting destroyed. Lol But if you want to try it I will build it send it to ya see what you think then we will work the details out later. Up to you. It would be textured wrinkle black like the cage.

Hmmmmm ? I just ride like the old fart that I am, slow and low. What needs to be done is have a front to rear bar off of the front of the cage to the rear bar. We used to put them in our jeeps for our CB radios. I bet that would reinforce it enough for a roof top mount. Could you draw up what you're thinking and PM me ?

Campmeat

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes, we have one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Just trying to see if the brp bumper would be in the way. Great pic thanks.
Might be enough room. I really need my bed for gear so this might work well.
It still is holding up well for you?

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's still holding up fine. Only photo I have is a straight on side view. Unfortunately the carrier is off the Commander right now. Been using the dump bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
do you offer a forums discount on this item?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just wondering if someone can get back to me ASAP. Just bought a new unit and would like to know if the rear box on a 2014 Commander Ltd is still functional with the rack on ? Thank u in advance

21 - 40 of 53 Posts