Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,263 Posts
Back in the day while most were trying to stop the can am clunk. The was drilling the old ones and the secondary sheave then putting the 13 spring in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Partzilla says they don't have any of the 470 in stock and it has been superseded to the 472 so finding an old style is likely not an option. I'll probably get the 13 spring and either cut off the tab or drill out the sheave. Watched a video on drilling it and it seems simple enough.
Within the first week I had the thing back in 17, the secondary bolt backed out and it came apart. I knew nothing about the setup and the helix had a little wear on it so I replaced it and put the old one in a junk drawer. Now that I know a little more about them I realized the helix wasn't all that bad and likely didn't need replacing at the time. It's the one I just put back in so I may run it a while as is. No weird sounds or actions coming from the trans so I think it will be fine for a while. I've also given some thought to selling it while used prices are high. My brother has a 19 Defender and I like the quiet and comfort of it. One of those would likely be adventurous enough for me going forward.
Thanks all for the help

21 - 23 of 23 Posts