Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at this area in the center of the upper dash. It has been brought up that some people think that these are cup holders. I don't think so because they already have them in the center console. I've seen pictures where someone used them for snorkels. If you look close around the edge you can see holes where some type of fastener goes. Can am said they are going to release even more accessories soon for the commander. We should come up with a guess as to what accessory will fit in there. I know this is silly, but we just have so much time to burn before we get them. I'll start off with the first 2 to get it started.

1. Weather proof radio (maybe with XM)

2. GPS (like on the limited outlander's)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think that is a good guess. And knowing Can Am it will be both, a waterproof radio / GPS. You would have the best of both worlds. I know I would be interested in one.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
That is a good question. I saw some Commander haters (RZR owners) on another forum trashing the Commander calling these cupholders and we all know that's not what they are.

I say GPS for sure, Radio more iffy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Radio, Ipod, GPS with display plug in montitoring for water temp, oil pressure, voltage and clock
other options:
Heat seeking missle tracking, Radar and sonar for the mudders

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well you're all mistaken.

It's for the Nox turbo control panel. ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Heat sinking missle tracking.....ha ha ha....I love it! Definitely an accessory that I have to purchase. I hear the commercial now.... deer get it your way out on the trails....blow him out of the way with the all new heat sinking missle on your Commander......ha ha ha

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at the picture, I wonder if there is a 12 volt power source in there? It has the extra banks for switches. I wonder if those banks go all the way through? Also, I wonder if there is a pop out piece of plastic in there with a 12 volt under it. Maybe the next person that goes to a demo ride can inspect it for us, or at very least pester the can am rep to tell us more. Knowing can am it's probably for something super secret that we won't know about for 4 years. :p

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Heat sinking missle tracking.....ha ha ha....I love it! Definitely an accessory that I have to purchase. I hear the commercial now.... deer get it your way out on the trails....blow him out of the way with the all new heat sinking missle on your Commander......ha ha ha
There's a NRA member right there!! :eek: :) Oh Oh Oh wait, I got another one. I can see Jeff Foxworthy saying this in one of his stand up bits with that southern accent..."You might be a redneck if"......"You hunt deer on a Commander with heat sinking missiles". Now that's funny right there!!!
Just messin with ya SIO.
'

·
Registered
162 Posts
There's a NRA member right there!! :eek: :) Oh Oh Oh wait, I got another one. I can see Jeff Foxworthy saying this in one of his stand up bits with that southern accent..."You might be a redneck if"......"You hunt deer on a Commander with heat sinking missiles". Now that's funny right there!!!
Just messin with ya SIO.
'

Now that is a good one!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts