Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to forum and this machine. Had it out first time today, need to rid it of hot cabin for sure. It appears that is a characteristic of this thing eh?
New to the Commander, not new to ATV's. Ready to learn!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that I've thought about todays ride, along with reading some post, it would be great if someone with some 2012 background let me know some of the things I should do asap to keep it alive in hot south florida heat and deep sand. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciatted.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congratulations on your Commander!
After going through some "Mud Holes", my Commander started running hotter.
The mud goo will collect in the fins of the radiator. Be sure to remove the radiator side covers and use a hose to spray the fins to remove the goo to minimize overheating.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, know to keep the rad clean, just wondering if the 2012 has the need for added heat deflection material or not. Some say the tunnel has it already, but a lot of heat is coming through to the cab.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pulled the interior of my 2012 Ltd apart yesterday to install heat/sound barrier material on the back side of the tunnel plastic. There is some foam stuck to the back side of the plastic but not much and not all over, only in key areas. I removed all of the foam and installed foil backed heat/sound barrier to all of the tunnel plastic and wrapped the upper exhaust pipe in header wrap. Just starting it in the garage, I can notice a big difference in sound from the tunnel area and I suspect it will make a big difference in heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts