Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I participate in a few forums and I'm puzzled about the ads in this one. First and foremost, I know site hosting and forum software arent free. The site has a nice list of "supporting vendors". Is it a correct assumption that they are paying a little to be a supporting vendor? If they're buying in, why do we still have so many ads for me to accidentally click on when trying to click something else? Or, on the flip side, is there a premium account I could buy into that will eliminate them, as on other forums.

Let me be clear though that it's a great site with a wealth of knowledge and I'll probably participate with whatever there is. Just curious about how to make the user experience a little better and typical with the other forums I play on.

·
Super Moderator
24,125 Posts
I’m not sure on everything your asking . But if you are using a smart phone or tablet to view the forum . You can’t down load tapatalk app. No adds and with the couple dollar paid app. Unlimited pic posting straight from the phone or tab. No third party’s pic sight needed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm probably 50/50 between phone and PC- get lots of ads using chrome on both. Sounds like tapatalk is pretty good. Heard about it for awhile, but haven't jumped on board

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
221 Posts
Yes we have vendors, and ads on the site. These pay for server costs, upkeep, ect.

However, if you're getting pop ups (Your phone is 56% corrupted, download this phone cleaner, ect) that is not something we do. If you see those they need to be reported so they can be blocked.

Also it should be noted, that certain blockers will cause issues on the site if they're blocking certain scripts.

- JB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts