Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a sideview mirror that will mount on the inside of the roll bar. All the ones I’ve been able to find mount with the mirror pivot on the outside, which is good to allow the mirror to get out of the way, but not the bracket itself. I go through some pretty tight off camber trails and have not been unknown to bash the roll bar into a tree once or twice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a pair of Seizmik mirrors on mine. I've bashed numerous times into mountains, trees, rocks...etc and they've held strong. The driver side stay mechanisms busted one day (damn that fence pole). Quick call to Seizmik, explained what I did and they shipped me replacement mechanisms next day for both sides. Metal casing and they've taken a hell of a beating and never had issues with them, and the small issue I've had was very well taken care of by the company.

The bracket is pretty small and doesn't stick out much, when folded flat its only as thick as the mirrors.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I saw an old pic on here somewhere where someone took a pair of motorcycle mirrors and mounted them inverted on the front horizontal crossbar member of the roll cage. The result was a pair of mirrors either completely or almost protected by the roll cage. I thought it was a pretty ingenious idea and looked pretty cool too. Since then, it has been something on my to do list.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check out the Seizmik, thanks.
Motorcycle mirrors, that's a great idea, and free! I'll bet I have some around someplace.
Thanks for the idea

1 - 4 of 4 Posts