Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm new to a Can Am Commander 1000xt. 1 thing i noticed is how much heat comes up through the space where the shifter is and under the cup holders. Is this normal? If so is there something that can be done to try and eliminate some of this heat coming through.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! The heat is normal with the mid-engine design. There are a few different strategies to combating the issue. The three most common are a console cover, wrapping the exhaust pipes and installing a bilge type fan in the “tunnel”. Use the search bar and you will find numerous threads on each one. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome to the forum! The heat is normal with the mid-engine design. There are a few different strategies to combating the issue. The three most common are a console cover, wrapping the exhaust pipes and installing a bilge type fan in the “tunnel”. Use the search bar and you will find numerous threads on each one. Good luck to you!

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
24,547 Posts

Welcome to the OP!!
Ok boog Bilge fan in the tunnel ?? Guess I missed that thread . Lol search came up with nothing for me .

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Huh? Weird. When I click on the link, I can read the whole thread. It says first post was 7-14-2018 at 3:57 P.M..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
24,547 Posts
That fan is for adding air to the cvt. No way that fan will move enough air to cool the cab down . Great idea just not enough fan. But entertain me . Find another thread more up to date.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Last post on the bilge fan thread was 7-02-2019. That’s pretty up to date . ANY heat you get out is less heat in the machine. Again, I was just trying to help the OP. My apologies OP if you feel I’ve steered you in the wrong direction. That was not my intention.

·
Super Moderator
24,547 Posts
The link you posted is going to a uni steer post from 2010 only 19 posts all from 2010 . Interesting lol

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
The link you posted is going to a uni steer post from 2010 only 19 posts all from 2010 . Interesting lol
Please look at pictures I posted on post #8 and post #12. Those are pictures from the thread I get when when when I click on the link I posted in post #6 trying to help the OP. At this point he is probably ready to sell his BRP product. I was trying to welcome him and help him. As far as the bilge fan, again, ANY heat out is less heat in. ❤

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Hi all!

I'm new to a Can Am Commander 1000xt. 1 thing i noticed is how much heat comes up through the space where the shifter is and under the cup holders. Is this normal? If so is there something that can be done to try and eliminate some of this heat coming through.

Thanks!
Congrats and welcome to the forum, heat is normal for these commanders I have pipes wrapped, Thermo-Tec on the backside of the plastics and one of Troy's console covers and it is waaaaay better last news was Troy does not have a builder so only other option I know of is Tite-Tops
Cool Cover
Good luck and enjoy your new toy.
PS I must admit my disappointment as there was no hot chic pic's lol

:devil:devil

Reactions: acefire and dirtnap

·
Registered
719 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum, heat is normal for these commanders I have pipes wrapped, Thermo-Tec on the backside of the plastics and one of Troy's console covers and it is waaaaay better last news was Troy does not have a builder so only other option I know of is Tite-Tops
Cool Cover
Good luck and enjoy your new toy.
PS I must admit my disappointment as there was no hot chic pic's lol

:devil:devil[/QUOTE]
Here you go JT! I have one better, but can't post it on a family forum.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts