Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to install my secondary spring for the clutch kit and it seems that I cannot get my secondary clutch off due to the exhaust I’ve herd locking the 2 nuts together and loosening them should back the stud out but apparently in my case it don’t it’s just trying to strip the stud! Any help would be much appreciated :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have someone hold the inner sheave in then you just be able to roll the outer up and out .
So I have to basically separate the secondary clutch, pull the front half of the clutch off then pull the back side off without screwing around with taking that stud out?

·
Super Moderator
23,482 Posts
I would order a new bolt from Ed / Bollax uatv-tech.com is a higher grade bolt than the stud. You had already stretched the stud . So it will need replaced either way. Once you get the clutch off . Double nut the stud again and take a propane torch and apply heat to the stud about a 1” from the secondary shaft in gearbox. The stud has some killer loctite on it. The heat will loosen the loctite and allow you to back the stud out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would order a new bolt from Ed / Bollax uatv-tech.com is a higher grade bolt than the stud. You had already stretched the stud . So it will need replaced either way. Once you get the clutch off . Double nut the stud again and take a propane torch and apply heat to the stud about a 1” from the secondary shaft in gearbox. The stud has some killer loctite on it. The heat will loosen the loctite and allow you to back the stud out.
I will try that bud thanks for the advice 👍👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts