Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question about my secondary clutch, I blew a belt or blew a bearing causing the belt to go, anyways, ive looked threw every diagram and confused where this bearing goes. It's a 2012 commander X. When I removed the secondary, all the belt and bearing were wrapped against the inner clutch cover. What I question is, when I place the bearing where I think it goes, it dont look like it goes there....attached are some photos, maybe someone will know exactly for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Was there gearbox oil in that mess? It looks like the gearbox oil seal and the distance ring that goes on the countershaft behind the helix. Should be an o-ring, too. Items 8,9, and 10?
gearbox secondary shaft.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no oil, but I agree, there looked like a seal of some kind, and mayne a ring, but things were so "melted" back there, it's hard to tell....I know the bearing came apart....im just unsure what to order and how they get placed back together

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Look at the countershaft, at the cvt cover backplate, behind the helix. I'll bet the gearbox oil seal is on your floor.
secondary.jpg secondary seal.jpg

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That's ugly. Looks like remnants of the seal are still wedged up in there, too.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yeah part of the spring and some of the seal is still in there as well as the o ring. Can you turn the countershaft freely in neutral and does it engage in gear? You need a new inside cvt cover too or it will fill with water/dirt/etc through the melted holes, which requires pulling the primary clutch - be really careful pulling the primary clutch. When you take the outer sheave off, wrap a rag around where the one way collar is because when you slide it off there's a couple of little springs with little pins that will shot off to god knows where otherwise. There's some videos of acefire doing it on the uatv-tech.com site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts