Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone doing for their kids to sit in the rear? I'm thinking of removing the bottom of the bed and mounting a seat. I'm thinking their feet can hang down in the storage area so they will sit low in the bed.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I found a 42" seat on EBay. I had a local fabrication guy make a rear cage extension and include mounts for the seat. They've (6 and 8 years old this week) been in car seats til this year, and have since added 4 point harnesses to the bench. Works good for us without taking the floor seperator out.

2011 Can Am Commander
Rear cage extension/bench seat converted 4 seater
CSI Full cab w/BRP Windshield
Arcticbomb Sport Low Mod

72" plow

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a 42" seat on EBay. I had a local fabrication guy make a rear cage extension and include mounts for the seat. They've (6 and 8 years old this week) been in car seats til this year, and have since added 4 point harnesses to the bench. Works good for us without taking the floor seperator out.

2011 Can Am Commander
Rear cage extension/bench seat converted 4 seater
CSI Full cab w/BRP Windshield
Arcticbomb Sport Low Mod

72" plow

Hey man is there a way you can send pictures of your cage build and possible the link to seat you found? And and pictures of your rig so I can check it out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seeking Extended Rollcage & Bench seat for Commander 1000

I own a 2015 Commander 1000 DPS, and am seriously researching adding an extended cage and a rear bench seat. I have found this combo offered by UTV Mountain Accessories, and am looking for similar options.

Douglass

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Duanel21 and Douglass, welcome to the forum. SeymourATV doesn’t seem to get on here much anymore but maybe he will see this and still have some pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Duanel21 and Douglass, welcome to the forum. SeymourATV doesn’t seem to get on here much anymore but maybe he will see this and still have some pictures.
Thanks. Yeah I’d love to figure this out but I’d rather not do it the “bought” route I’d much rather find a seat and mount it, then custom make a cage that looks and flows better than what’s out there over the counter because there hideous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will a 42” rear facing jump bench seat like this fit? Anyone knows? I need something simple for an occasional very low speed ride with the kids to the dock a mile away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts