Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed and replaced the seat covers off the plastic seat frame? My Gen 2 looks like the vinyl cover tucks into a groove on backside of the cushion, maybe (?). I want to remove and replace covers and install heating elements, I have done this on stapled seats, but not sure how this seat comes apart and do not want to experiment on a good seat. Please share details if you know. Apparently OEM only sells the whole cushion complete. BRP does sell a seat heater pad but does not offer instructions on their site that I can find so far. Searched forum and YouTube and cannot find anything to indicate how these are put together. If I cannot find out I will use a slip over cover with the heating elements attached to it in the cold months but would much rather install into OEM. Thx.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx.. I read that the other day but did not focus on all of it cause of the four screws holding seat cushion and I stopped reading. I guess you are maybe confirming on Gen 2 that there is still a lip holding the cover in a track around the back side of the frames. That's kind of what I was guessing.
But I have not gotten my service manual yet and maybe it addresses this, so I will need to check it first before I attack the seat lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts