Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yup-took the seat belt receiver apart and there is no switch and no wires leading to the receiver and doesn't appear their ever were any. Perhaps previous owner replaced the receiver although I doubt it.
I still have the seat belt light on and reduced power. Perhaps next step is to take it to an ATV shop to see if they can trace the electrics to disconnect the power to the seatbelt warning light?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Previous owner probably did an override which has now failed. Easy to fix yourself. Start with opening driver side plastic panel, make a pic and we'll go from there...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E6653 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
Wow you can keep the -14 C I don't want it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Only minus 4 now! Managed to get side panel off.Took pictures but I'm not that computer literate and I can't figure out how to attach them to this message.
Pictures show absolutely nothing on the bar that the seatbelt receiver is mounted on.On the inside front of the driver's footwell hanging done from the wire bundle are two wires one mauve and one green into a single connector.Nothing in the neighbourhood it can connect two. Might have been the connection to the seatbelt hook up? When I tested for power with the ignition on I couldn't get any voltage reading.

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
The seatbelt wire is near the back of the side cover . Very close to where the seat belt bolts up .
Normally the wire is zip tied to the square tube that the upper console sits on . So it should be some where close

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Bummer-found the tie wrap on the square tube-but no wire. Guess I'll have to see if the inexperienced dealer(with the electric model) can resolve the issue. Thanks to all for your inputs

·
Registered
572 Posts
Be careful with the dealer. At best it would be a ten minute job to jump your seat belt

·
Registered
682 Posts
The schematic shows the seat belt wire pair to be a yellow with a gray stripe, and an orange with a violet stripe. Hope this helps. The y/g goes directly to the ECM. The o/v goes to a junction, then to the sport mode switch, the ignition switch, and the ECM.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts