Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When seat belt engaged dash light does not go off and power is reduced. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Take it apart and manually trip the switch to see if it's working. Maybe it's bent a bit and not coming in contact. Starting point.

·
Super Moderator
24,909 Posts
Yes it is normal. It limits you to 13 mph. So put your seat belt on . If your asking this question it cause you tried driving with it off. Lol if your machine is stock that's a good way to get hurt. It also has a axles shaft saver in the ecm that physical pulls the throttle out to idle if it detects excessive wheel spin . So no doughnuts!!! Or you will at some point know why the seat belt limits you to 13 mph.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
i think hes saying with it plugged in its still flashing, if not its stupid not to wear a seatbelt on these

·
Super Moderator
24,909 Posts
Then he should say that the belt is plugged in and light isn't going off. Y'all read it one way I read it the other . Lol maybe he will answer and we will know. Lol I'm tired of reading between the line.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
he said with seat belt engaged

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hey Ace I have a seatbelt override but I still use my seatbelt and less I'm in Deepwater what's this about an axle saver in the seatbelt harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
24,909 Posts
Axle saver is program into ecm. Can am idea to pull throttle closed with your foot pinned to the floor so it doesn't snap the shafts when you go from spinning to full traction.

·
Registered
572 Posts
So I'm assuming if I override the seatbelt I override iThe axle saver

·
Registered
3,949 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
So I'm assuming if I override the seatbelt I override iThe axle saver

no, you will need an ecu reflash for that

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like a plan-for others seat belt is plugged in and light does not go out and power/speed is reduced as per manual. Can you over ride that feature? How to take the seat belt receiver apart and expose the switch?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts