Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 commander 800 dps and I bought it used. I've been reading people talking about a seat belt limiter so it's got me curious. I never run my seat belt (I also never get really crazy with it either) but I don't think I've ever noticed any reduction in power. I've read that the limiter cut you down to 13 mph which definitely isn't the case with mine. I don't have any point of reference but feel I'm running full power so if my commander had a limiter it must have been bypassed.

My question is how can I determine what the previous owner did to bypass the limiter? Obviously it is working, but I'd just like to know in case I have any issues down the road.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Is the seat belt buckled up and tucked behind the seat? Is something stuck into the female buckle half to fake it out? If the wire connector from the female buckle half is disconnected, and the chassis side of that connector is jumped, the ECM will see the seat belt as constantly buckled.
Product Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The belt is not buckled behind the seat and there is nothing in the female end. I have used the seat belt occasionally and not noticed any difference.

I will check the wiring from the diagram you provided, that may answer my question. Thanks. Mainly I suppose this falls into the category of "if it ain't broke don't fix it", I am just curious what was done so I know what to look for if it ever comes "undone".

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
If that circuit isn't physically jumped, the only other possibility would be someone overriding it with BUDS. I don't know if that's even do-able, and if it is, would surely require BUDS to undo. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts