Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a Magellan TRX7 Offroad GPS that I won in a drawing many months ago that I don’t even remember entering, so I have the following for sale:

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7” 8GB WiFi tablet with GPS
Blason Armourmax dual layer case with screen protector
RAM mount Universal X-Grip II tablet holder (Part RAMHOLUN8BU)
RAM mount handlebar mount

This setup is about 9 months old, used 4 times in the Commander for GPS on the trails. Mounted to the side of the passenger grab bar, easy to see even for my old eyes. Everything is in like new condition.

$135 shipped CONUS.

842D0D6E-F2D7-4156-B849-8CBB0512019F.jpeg

F45C0E2F-6CF8-4386-A998-771FF4C579C0.jpeg

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Very tempting since ace has me wanting a tablet GPS!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Tablets are the way to go.

No straining to see the screen, GPS gets at least 18 satellites (we've gotten 22 at most), bread crumbs in case you need to get out.

We're using a Tab A 10.1 on a Ram Mount on the passenger side hand rail so both my wife and I can see/use it. Back Country Nav Pro takes a bit to get used to, but for a GPS app under $20 its great. We also have GAIA on it "just in case" and we love it.

-Kris

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

No straining to see the screen, GPS gets at least 18 satellites (we've gotten 22 at most), bread crumbs in case you need to get out.

We're using a Tab A 10.1 on a Ram Mount on the passenger side hand rail so both my wife and I can see/use it. Back Country Nav Pro takes a bit to get used to, but for a GPS app under $20 its great. We also have GAIA on it "just in case" and we love it.

-Kris
Yeah, I think I used a different map system every trip and didn’t use them enough to figure them out that well or which one I liked the best. I really should try the Magellan out first to make sure I like it, but it seems pretty straightforward. I didn’t realize how expensive the Magellans were-more than I would have ever paid! I would rather have won the cash that the thing cost, but that wasn’t an option...

·
Super Moderator
23,506 Posts

-Kris

Yeah, I think I used a different map system every trip and didn’t use them enough to figure them out that well or which one I liked the best. I really should try the Magellan out first to make sure I like it, but it seems pretty straightforward. I didn’t realize how expensive the Magellans were-more than I would have ever paid! I would rather have won the cash that the thing cost, but that wasn’t an option...

You better try that new one before you go getting rid of the tab!!

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
Does it have Canada in its mapping program .

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And the gps works without WiFi??
Everything that I’ve used has worked for me (BackCountry, Orux, TRX) except in a really thick canopy up on the Hatfield McCoys for a few minutes. The tracking still showed, but the map went blank momentarily.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most all tablets have a stand alone gps chip and do not require cell service for GPS to work.. I and all of my riding friends have tablets with no monthly cell plans. You need WiFi so when you are at home you can download Apps and maps. The Wifi only Ipads do not have a built in GPS chip. All most all Android tablets have built in GPS.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts