Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been thinking about doing this and I believe I know the answer to my question but I will ask all the experts that have done this before me first.

Do you have to replace you stock rims with a new set in order to do this? Due to width of the stock rims.

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
No but it helps if all four wheels are the same size and offset. So if doing 9” wide use factory fronts or rears but if doing 10” you definitely what all rear wheels .

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Honestly, just get four new wheels and do it. Makes rotations a breeze.

MSA Diesel wheels and Maxxis Carnivores 28x10 R14's. Gonna do this with my new to me '16 xDS turbo.

-Kris

Attachments

Reactions: JTROCKS

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lead foot Do you have any pictures? I’m interested to see it.
Marineone. Carnivores are the way I’m leaning for my replacement tires.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Just over 1600 miles on these tires. If I don't find a good LT tire to replace them, I'll stick with Carnivores.

Sitting next to "New Badassery", and you can clearly see how much tread is left on them.

-Kris

Attachments

Reactions: homer32

·
Registered
7,975 Posts

Just over 1600 miles on these tires. If I don't find a good LT tire to replace them, I'll stick with Carnivores.

Sitting next to "New Badassery", and you can clearly see how much tread is left on them.

-Kris
There is a guy on FB that has a similar set up and he seems happy with it.......

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2012 Canam Commander LTD 1000, stock rims and want to put 28x10x14 Maxxis Carnivore on all 4, if I understand your post they will fit on my stock rims? current tires are the stock size 27z9x12 and 27x11x12.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts