Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i blew a belt the other day and when I was about to replace it I noticed my one way was extremely loose when I checked it both bearings and springs were gone just the outter rings were left. None in stock in town I am going to order some but I was wondering if it would be safe to drive without the one way bearing in

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a all ballz kit probably going to take forever this virus seems to have messed up shipping

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
Ok if you put it back together and it didn’t work. You still have issues . Part of your belt or something is stuck or hanging up. The springs a cups only control the low rpm engine clutch brake. So if belt is turning you need to take it back apart and figure out why .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The secondary was making the belt ride up slighlt higher and tightening up against the primary shaft

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also tried putting the bearing in without both bearings on the side and it would sort of work but it would hang up and cuase it to engage and disengage

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
Springs and cups optional bearings and the bearing housing is not. You must have bearings and the housing .

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
Wanker can have you bearings in days in us. Little longer for Canada.

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
His bearings are the best you can buy. All balls probably the worst .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha it might take awhile to get to Northern manitoba ? even amazon has been taking a couple weeks lately

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
Yeah he ships usps same as amazon. But anything going north with ups or fedex normally sucks .

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
It has to fix it completely. He has no bearings in it right now. But to go a little farther the bearings didn’t blow the belt they were just found to be bad when replacing the belt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Having NO BALLS sounds like a Personal problem ? LOL Sorry could not pass on your comment, a 1 way kit will solve your issues. What does the inside of the 1 way clutch collar look like, is it scored or damaged in any way ? if so it may need replacing ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts