Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Starter is engaged all the time and I have narrowed it down to maybe a stuck Starter Solenoid.
I have eliminated the Starter Push button, and Ignition Switch
My problem is the Starter Solenoid is stuck up under the dash.
I cant see how to access it. I cant even get close enough to it to test it.
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I can see the Solenoid now but cannot un bolt it. Do I need to take apart the whole cowling?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Sorry, but I've never tried to access mine, and the manual doesn't describe removal. Someone who's done it should chime in soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you tried to access it going through the top of CVT inlet tube? This week I pulled the cover, the filter, and the rubber piece that connects at the start of the CVT inlet tube. From there I was able to test it and probably remove it. For me, it ended up being the starter so I didn't have to deal with removal. Hope this makes sense!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou Woogie ! I did just that but I cant seem to reach it. It is quite aways in. If that is the only way then I will try again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure 100%. It seemed like the only way to me. Unless of course you have really really small hands. I am honestly glad it was my starter and not the starter solenoid. Good luck! If you discover any tricks along the way let us know!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Tech, Any luck with your solenoid change?? The starter on mine wasn't the answer so now I'm going to the solenoid also. Hopefully you found some super easy way to get (explicate) out!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts