Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I bought our commander used, u couldn't even put it on the trailer without it grinding in hi gear. I pulled the sidecover, replaced the hi gear slider and gear, along with the fork, and all the snap rings(bent). Anyway, when you drive it, around 40-45 mph, it acts like it's jumping out of gear. I actually stood on it, got it up to 55, and it jumped out for a second like it was in neutral for a second. So I'm wondering what I missed? Shift cable is adjusted properly as well. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
23,702 Posts
So you are saying it jumps out of gear then starts grinding at 45 and 55 mph? Or is it just feel like it’s jumping out but going back in?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like a jerking/jump sensation above 40-45. I pushed it once this past weekend, up into the 50's, at wot, it acted like it jumped into neutral, let off the throttle, and it was back into gear. It shifts fine, doesn't grind on engagement, and drives fine at lower speed

·
Super Moderator
23,702 Posts
Need to look at the clutches closely to make sure they are running true . It’s not going to kick out then kick back in . Definitely not at those speeds .

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Need to look at the clutches closely to make sure they are running true . It’s not going to kick out then kick back in . Definitely not at those speeds .
When I installed a new Mrrpm box, it would kick out of gear under acceleration at those speeds. It did it a couple of times and then sounded like a jar of marbles. So it went into the junk pile.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's too abrupt to be the belt, and harsh. I'm just wondering what I could've missed in the transmission

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It stays in place, but the bearing goes in too far, so I did a measurement, it's off .080. put an.080 shim on the end of the shaft and reassembled it. I'll find out if it works, otherwise I'll have to pull the transmission and weld it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts