Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing the rear springs on my 1000x. Can any one tell me how to get the springs off with the fox shocks in the way? Can you remove the top of the shocks where the piggy back is?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Take the shock all the way off, loosen the adjustable collar until there is no tension on the spring. The bottom retainer can then come off and spring will fall right off. Its a 10 minute job.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
NO that's to easy! There has to be a harder way of doing it! lol

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
There is an easier way, honest, do not remove the complete shock, back off the pre load plus 3/8" and take out bottom shock bolt, swing shock out of mount, remove lower spring retainer and bingo springs slides off.
But best to jack it up, use safety stands and remove tire first which takes longer that spring removal LOL

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
There is, this is what you do. Load your Commander onto the trailer proceed to the beer store and pick up a 30 pak of beer and ice it down, proceed to my house, unload Commander and park it inside my air conditioned barn, crab 2 coozys of my shelf and put beer in them. Now hand me one and sit over there in that chair and watch me drink your beer while I take your shock off and remove the spring. Ok now hand me another beer. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
There is, this is what you do. Load your Commander onto the trailer proceed to the beer store and pick up a 30 pak of beer and ice it down, proceed to my house, unload Commander and park it inside my air conditioned barn, crab 2 coozys of my shelf and put beer in them. Now hand me one and sit over there in that chair and watch me drink your beer while I take your shock off and remove the spring. Ok now hand me another beer. LOL
MUd you are taking out all the Fun LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts