Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the Ltd air shocks and replaced them with coventional shocks? If so, what did you do to override the onboard system? I was thinking about unthreading the airlines where they couple and screwing in a bolt to cap off the air lines.

Any feed back would be appreciated..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am doing that right now but had to replace rear diff to but diff should be here today will let you know how it rides and I did just cap air lines

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
When the air shocks are disconnected. You will get codes thrown that could put you in limp mode.
I did remove them. The removal is straight forward. However you will need a dealer with buds to shut the air system down in the computer or you will be getting faults. It was a little tricky for them but the dealer I go to is awesome and figured it out. If I remember right they could not just go into buds and shut it off. I think they had to disconnect the computer from the machine. Turn off the ACS. Then reconnect. It wasn't hard once they did it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alison, are the new stocks the stage 4 or 5? I'm going to change the Elka too, and l'm leaning towards the 5 as the price is not much more. What's the difference in the ride with the Elka's?

·
Administrator
27,517 Posts
you can also jump the line from the front tank to rear tank. and then clean it up by removing the lines completely . And you will still be able to use as air compressor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am working on the removal of the Compressor on my SXS I have installed my new shocks but the code from the ECM displaying on the cluster needs to be removed. I took it to my local dealer and they informed me it could not be done. Please I am in need of as much info on the procedure so I can explain it to them.
Thanks in advance
Sam

1 - 20 of 39 Posts