Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who has removed their air ride in their Ltd to go to a regular mounted shock ?
Looking on information on compressor removal, fault code that will come up and
What to do about it. Pulling the fuse etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

·
Registered
352 Posts
air pump

great question,so far mine is just a expensive on board air pump for filling tires, i just caped air cans with #4 caps

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
im sure it would throw fault codes and be a constant burden. i would assume a reflash at the dealer or mr rpm could im sure

·
Registered
314 Posts
I did remove them. The removal is straight forward. However you will need a dealer with buds to shut the air system down in the computer or you will be getting faults. It was a little tricky for them but the dealer I go to is awesome and figured it out. If I remember right they could not just go into buds and shut it off. I think they had to disconnect the computer from the machine. Turn off the ACS. Then reconnect. It wasn't hard once they did it.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did remove them. The removal is straight forward. However you will need a dealer with buds to shut the air system down in the computer or you will be getting faults. It was a little tricky for them but the dealer I go to is awesome and figured it out. If I remember right they could not just go into buds and shut it off. I think they had to disconnect the computer from the machine. Turn off the ACS. Then reconnect. It wasn't hard once they did it.
Thanks sau4u

·
Registered
314 Posts
I completely removed the compressor and the air lines. For the electrical I just unplugged from the compressor. Then placed those ends in a water proof box and tucked it out of the way under the seat, facing the rear. I did not remove the wiring from the machine. Just in case I ever wanted to put the air ride back on. Its a very expensive add on and sitting in my shed. If I ever sold the machine I may put it back on and take my elkas off.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Night and day difference. I put elkas on all my machines. Don't regret it at all

·
Registered
352 Posts
I did it and love them , I did leave the air system in place and blocked of lines now it's just a tire air pump and not that good at that eater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any one have a pic or diagram of air lines off compressor.. I replaced cylinder and a friend got ahold of my marked air lines and removed them so he could ride my machine while I wasnt home.. pic would be fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Part 44b air hose ..which hole does it go into on part 270.. also theres 2 other canisters and hoses which hole they go into.. on part 270 theres 6 holes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts