Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I broke another rear axle I was wondering if there's anyway to remove a rear axle without tearing the wheel bearing apart

·
Super Moderator
25,416 Posts
The bearing shouldn't tear apart when changing the axle. Unless its seized in the axle. Which happens but its not all that common.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to pound the bearing onto the axle when installing it and when I take it off it always tears the bearing apart

·
Super Moderator
25,416 Posts
You should never have to do anything other than slide the axle into the bearing. No pounding should be required. What brand of axkes and bearings.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used rhino 2.0 all balls 6 ball and 8 ball and oem axles all of them were to tight to be able to just go into the bearing the bearings I've used have all been all ballz cheap shit bearings lol

·
Super Moderator
25,416 Posts
You do know you can buy oem from dealer now fir 42$ ea now. That pic is all balls / quad boss / moose. They are all the same bearing different wrapper . Happened twice in the tube of 1250$ in replacement parts. One bearing made it 300 ush miles second lasted little under 150 miles. For the price you can't beat oem axles and bearings.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer asks over 300$ for a axle here the all balls bearings are definitely garbage I've had my wheel being held on by nothing but the cv axle 2ce now cause they failed horribly

·
Super Moderator
25,416 Posts
Oem here are 199$ full retail. That 261$ Canadian give or take a dollar. Soubds like you need a new dealer. My last x3 64" axle was only 190. 210 for a 72" model. Think i was paying 169 for commander rears .

·
Super Moderator
25,416 Posts
Dealer asks over 300$ for a axle here the all balls bearings are definitely garbage I've had my wheel being held on by nothing but the cv axle 2ce now cause they failed horribly
Have you tried ordering straight from can am website?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I've ran a bunch of 2.0 axles in mine, with factory brp bearings, i always use antiseize on my axles where the bearing rides, and smooth as butter. Cheap bearings ive done for other people ive had to flapper wheel out to make em slide right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts