Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the glove box to install new doors.
Having problems reinstalling the glove box.
Lining up the insert on the top and matching the holes on the back.
Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to get this done.

·
Super Moderator
25,662 Posts
If your talking about the cover that runs across the top. It’s a pain to get in . I always got it as square as possible over the box and then just palm hit it on both sides at same time. And it always popped right in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, acefire
I am having a problem getting the whole glove box to fit back in the inserts on the firewall.

·
Super Moderator
25,662 Posts
Yeah had mine out several times don’t remember having any problems putting the box back in . Sorry can’t help there.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
There's a slight trick to it but not much. I usually spend a few seconds getting it lined up just right before sliding it in. It has been awhile but if I'm remembering right there is a little spot on the top center of the box that has to be just right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed Dirt Specialties half doors on mine a few weeks ago and there was a plastic brace on the right side of the glovebox that was hitting the door strike bracket that was installed. I just trimmed away enough so it would clear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed Dirt Specialties half doors on mine a few weeks ago and there was a plastic brace on the right side of the glovebox that was hitting the door strike bracket that was installed. I just trimmed away enough so it would clear.
That may be it thanks, I was putting the same doors also.

·
Registered
2019 Commander 800R XT
9 Posts
Some times the rubber grommets pop off with the glove box. There is a total of 4 and u can see them under front passenger tire. Once you get all 4 lined up push down and should fix your problem. As for that plastic peice do what acefire said hit it with your palm on the corners.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The easiest way I found to get it to go in is to get two people with about six hands each. One of the people have to be about a foot and a half tall. From what I have found really there is no trick. Just a lot of patience. Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts