Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CanAm Commander XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to find a mounting bracket to mount my IPhone 11 Pro to the roll bar or windshield on my Commander. There are so many mounts out there I am totally confused as to which one will fit both phone and machine. My hope is to video my travels. I’m 70 and not a speed demon.

·
Administrator
26,673 Posts
Only way you will be able to travel and video is holding by hand . The phones and tablets have awesome cameras but little to no video stabilization. Your arm bouncing up and down will be more stable than it mounted. But check out quad lock cases . They make a great case that lock into the mount . They have a hand full of mounts . I use quad lock with a 1" ball that work with a ram mount .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
DJI the maker off the drones make phone holders that have the stability control made in them . Very good stuff to make nice video without the shaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just be careful. Apple released an article warning folks of mounting their devices to frames (motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, etc) has been causing issues with the camera systems. Snip from the article:

Those with damaged phones report that the autofocus feature no longer works, making every photo blurred. “The advanced camera systems in some iPhone models include technology like optical image stabilization and closed-loop autofocus to help you capture great photos even in difficult conditions,” Apple explained. “These systems work to automatically counteract movement, vibrations, and the effects of gravity to let you focus on taking a great shot.” And while these systems are designed to counteract vibration, Apple says they can only withstand so much.
If you're going to get a mount to do that, look into one with rubber isolators. I'd still steer clear of mounting your phone though.

I'd suggest picking yourself up a goPro or another action camera. They're built to handle the vibrations and shocks. Then you can get some neat action shocks or just tape to review later when you roll over and figure out what you did wrong.

Plant Cloud Sky Natural landscape Tree

Sky Ecoregion Cloud Natural landscape World

Water Sky Asphalt Body of water Terrain

Water Liquid Fluid Wind wave Freezing

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
I use quad lock with my phone . It has been in the mount for about 12000 miles . On a motorcycle. They offer a vibration damper so the crappy phone don’t have a brain fart .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to find a mounting bracket to mount my IPhone 11 Pro to the roll bar or windshield on my Commander. There are so many mounts out there I am totally confused as to which one will fit both phone and machine. My hope is to video my travels. I’m 70 and not a speed demon.
I have a mounted go pro. Works great. You can transfer to your phone to send out.
i have a brand née center cover piece for 2021 can am commander max 1000
Makes extra dry storage and will hold up to a tablet. Let me know if interested. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts