Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the 1/4 inch conversion kit for the warn 4.0 RT winch. First off, thanks looks like a great product and received it very quickly.
Question I have is, I didn't receive any install instructions and I'm not real sure on the proper procedure to re cable the winch.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 commander 1000x
Sport mode low mod
Koplin tilt full windshield
Mammoth soft top

·
Registered
404 Posts
Once you unspool the old cable, you will see how it's attached thru the hole. Do the same with the cord.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Make sure when you are spooling it back in that you pull on the rope pretty tight in order that the rope spools back together without kinking and it spools evenly across the cylinder.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally had a steel cable, should I sand the spool to remove any possible burs left from the reel cable?

2013 commander 1000x
Sport mode low mod
Mammoth soft top

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Might be a little late but yes make sure there are no burs. If you got a new roller fairlead or hawse fairlead with your rope use it if not make sure your roller fairlead doesn't have any burs or you will frey your rope.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the info. Got a new fair lead. And cleaned up the reel with some sandpaper.

2013 commander 1000x
Sport mode low mod
Mammoth soft top

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Carefully remove the stock cable, IE do not yank on it.
Once you have the factory cable off pull the rope through the hole in the drum.
Tie a knot on the back side and respool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts