Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Was almost the same price as the dealer wanted for 2 replacement u joints.
Yeah, but it depends which year you have. I don't remember how much it was, but I got smoked when I bought a rear one, with joints and all. I spent a couple of minutes crying in the corner of the shower.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just lightly tapped mine on had no issue... different question when you remove the yoke from the diff is it supposed to leak a little

·
Super Moderator
24,147 Posts
No the seal is the seal. The wear ring just takes up the space between the yoke and the seal. It keeps the seal from wearing out the yoke .

·
Super Moderator
24,147 Posts
Once you pull the yoke out there’s nothing to hold the oil in . But if you replaced the wear ring you need to replace the seal also . Or you will be right back in there again soon.

·
Super Moderator
24,147 Posts
Seal is in the diff . It seals on the wear sleeve . Wear sleeve takes up the space between the yoke and the seal . So the seal doesn’t wear the yoke out. Much cheaper to replace the seal and the wear sleeve than the seal and a yoke .

·
Super Moderator
24,147 Posts
Anytime you replace the wear sleeve you replace the seal. Every time you replace the seal you replace the wear sleeve . By the time the wear sleeve is worn out the seal is as well. You never replace just one . It’s a big job to go back in to do the other several hundred miles down the road.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies haha I changed the wear sleeve just because I bought a new yoke it went on super easy just tapped it lightly with a rubber mallet

21 - 34 of 34 Posts