Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 commander with satv 4” portal gears and rhino brand axles driver rear axle keeps coming out of differential I replaced axle clips and second ride after the axle popped out again riding trails half way thru the day. My question is has anyone else had this problem ? And what should I replace another axle clip ? Switch axle companies ? Or is it possible my differential is causing ? Looking for some input before I go buying more $200 axles

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I have a 2012 commander with satv 4” portal gears and rhino brand axles driver rear axle keeps coming out of differential I replaced axle clips and second ride after the axle popped out again riding trails half way thru the day. My question is has anyone else had this problem ? And what should I replace another axle clip ? Switch axle companies ? Or is it possible my differential is causing ? Looking for some input before I go buying more $200 axles
Use my axle extenders and Made in USA HD Cir Clips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boogerhead I used the clip the rhino axle came with First time and once it popped out I put one I ordered from canam in it lasted 2 rides trail riding

·
Super Moderator
23,184 Posts
I found you I canâ€t run the castle nuts or cottor keys inside the portals

What holds the outer stub in the portal ? Unless the diff is screwed up you can buy a mav xc xxc axle it’s 1/2” longer than commander axles. If it comes out diff carrier ring groove is screwed up .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a recessed nut that holds it in the portal that has a cover that goes on after so u don’t lose any gear oil in the portals . I’ll have to check how much room there is behind cover for washer/spacers etc. I’m wondering if that longer axle be the answer before I buy a new diff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts