Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone - I put a post on here back in May/June time frame asking for thoughts on buying 2011 or 2012, etc and found it very helpful so thanks for that. I test drove an 800XT Commander today, almost ready to buy one, but have some things in the back of my mind to figure out. I do not need any utility use for this, main reason to get one is to add a rear seat to it and go joy riding with my better half and little girl. Might go to the dunes in MI. Should I consider an 800 instead of 1000? I thought it turned kind of hard, so I would add power steering, any thoughts/opinions on this? I also thought it was kind of loud (engine), salesman said some people add heat shielding/insualtion under panels between seats to keep sound/heat out, sounded like a good fix? He also told me there is a 4 seater Commander in the works, he seen one in Canada, not sure on release date or pricing, curious if I should wait or if anyone knows some info on this? He talked it up pretty good, said it made the RZR look like a toy, knowing how Can-Am does things, I'm sure it is top notch, but the price tag probably will be too. List price is around $20,000 for a limited, a 4 seater will probably be that or more?? I considered a 4 seat RZR, after sitting on one and seeing the long/skinny frame/wheelbase, not sure I should even pursue that. Anyone have experience with these? Was also told Polaris might put a 900 in the 4 seater, would be more appealing. Sorry for the long post, just a lot on my mind before I spend that kind of money. One more question, they have one 2011 1000XT left, if it is a little cheaper, should I get that instead of 2012? I'm guessing a 1000XT will be around $14,000 and an 800XT in the $12,000 range. Thanks for any ideas or opinions. I have learned a bunch from all of your posts.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rear seats and with the kids has no effect on drive ability
i have an X and just adjusted the shocks a little to counter the weight

i can power slide it with the kids in it and jump some and the girls enjoy it

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do whats best for you.... I love my 1000XT. It truly hauls. We plan on a four seat cage and all the goodies for our little one. Do what suits you best. The first year Can Am's were surprisingly good. 2012's I haven't heard much.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts